Military Discharge Records

Form DD214:  Veterans are encouraged to record discharge papers with the County Clerk for safekeeping and proof of service for V. A. Benefits. There is no charge to issue certified copies of military records. If Grayson County does not have the military papers you are seeking, you can contact the Federal Records Center in Fort Worth, Texas.

Military Discharge Records filed on or after September 1, 2003 are closed/confidential for 75 years except to qualified applicants with I.D. (i.e. veteran, legal guardian, spouse, child or parent, or personal representative of estate, governmental body, or funeral home or, if no spouse or child, the nearest living relative)

Military Discharge Record Application

Copy of Valid photo ID and Notarized Proof of Identification must be attached to this completed application or the request will not be processed