Grayson County Commissioners Court oversees a number of duties ranging from financial management to maintaining county roads and bridges to overseeing the courthouse and other facilities. Each of four commissioners represents one of four precincts in each county in the state of Texas. As a member of the court, commissioners exercise broad policymaking authority to conduct the general business of the county.
Several key components of a commissioner’s job is to:
- Adopt the county’s budget and set the tax rate
- Approve all budgeted purchases
- Set salaries and benefits and approve payroll
- Provide and maintain all county facilities
- Maintain county roads and bridges