Skip Navigation

Home   |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap  |  Translate

Grayson County Development Services

Application Fee- NONE

The Grayson County Development Certificate is to be issued in cases where there is development or construction in Grayson County taking place in the unincorporated area. (The area outside of any incorporated town or city.) The work may include:

• 911 addressing (the Certificate is actually the 911 address application)
• on-site sewage facilities
• building construction
• moving a stick built house onto a site
• moving a manufactured house onto a site
• subdivision development
• drainage modifications affecting areas in the FEMA floodplain
• changes in the land use in the Lake Ray Roberts Zoning Area  

The Development Certificate as well as the applications for on-site sewage facilities, a permit to work In the public right of way and the application for subdivision development are all available on-line at >Departments>Development Services or at the Development Services offices on the ground floor of the Grayson County Courthouse at 100 W. Houston, Suite G-1.

Additional details and information on all permits and certificates are available online at the above website and at the Courthouse location. For specific questions regarding any of the permit or certificate requirements, you may contact Development Services at 903-813-5275 or come by the office at the above location.

One of the goals of Development Services is to make the process of development in Grayson County more “user friendly”. If you are prepared to fill out the Development Certificate and the required permits for your planned work, you may certainly do that. As you can see below, you may save 3 days in the permit process by turning everything in at one time. If for any reason, you are moving a little slower with your project and want to turn the permits in one at a time over a an extended period, you may certainly do that.

Once the Development Certificate is approved, the applicant may begin work except in the areas identified above where a specific permit is required. Those areas are onsite sewage facilities, work in the public right of way and subdivision development. Barring unforeseen difficulties a Development Certificate should be approved, or denied only for a valid reason, within three working days. The permits for the work specified above will be approved within 7-10 working days.

All activity resulting from work associated with Development Permits must comply with all state and federal requirements for the planned work.

Copyright © - {{YEAR}} Grayson County, Texas

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM