Real Property Management

Recording and Research: The County Clerk's office maintains Official Public Records from 1846 to the Present. The records include deeds, land patent records, mortgages, judgments and tax liens.

We accept checks for filing fees and they should be made payable to Grayson County Clerk.  >> Click here for current Real Property Recording Fees <<

Real Property Records Document Filing Requirements

Recording Subdivision Plats (Maps):  Plats are maps showing legal descriptions and boundaries of subdivided land. A plat should be filed each time a legal boundary of a parcel is changed.    

  • County Plat - A plat requires approval from Commissioner's Court before it can be filed. Those fees are set by the County Engineer's Office and vary depending on size.  Further information on plats can be found at Development Services.
  • City Plat - If a plat is within a city limit, approval of the city council must be shown on the plat before it can be filed.