Help is just One Phone Call Away... 1-866-EAP-2400 (866-327-2400)
What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential benefit paid for by Grayson County for its employees. The EAP provides such services as short-term counseling and assessments, referrals, prevention/education resources, and crisis intervention.
Grayson County has elected Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program to offer employees and their dependents a plan that provides six (6) counseling sessions at no cost to the employee. To access these benefits just call (866) 327-2400.
Most employees experience periods in their lives that they find stressful or overwhelming. Perhaps there are times you experience depression or anxiety stemming from work, family, legal, financial, or health-related problems. Deer Oaks EAP Services is here for you, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to assist you in overcoming these obstacles.
Most employers today realize that the operation and productivity of any organization is a direct function of the health, happiness, and overall well-being of its employees. In recent decades, there has been an increasing awareness of the staggering financial corporate losses which have been attributed to such factors as burnout, stress, depression, substance abuse, and high turnover.
Any employer committed to assisting its employees in coping with these sources of stress can purchase an EAP plan tailored to meet its needs. Deer Oaks offers a multidisciplinary team of trained psychologists, social workers, psychological associates, psychiatric nurses, and licensed professional counselors trained to assist employees with these and other behavioral health difficulties.
Any issue that affects emotional, cognitive, behavioral, or interpersonal well-being is appropriate for accessing Deer Oaks' services. Examples include:
- Interpersonal, Familial, or Marital Conflicts
- Grief: Death and Dying
- ADHD and Conduct Problems
- Substance Abuse
- Stress Management
- Occupational issues
- Crisis Management
- Workplace Violence
- Trauma: Abuse / Neglect
- Domestic Violence
- Financial, Health, or Legal Difficulties
What About Confidentiality?
EAP participation is completely confidential. Sessions with a Deer Oaks EAP clinician remain private unless the employee signs a release of information form and a HIPAA form.
What are the benefits of using the EAP?
Some of the potential benefits of an EAP include:
- Enhancing the productivity of employees and the company
- Decreasing absenteeism, turnover, and workplace conflicts
- Enhancing the level of morale and well-being of employees
- Arriving at workplace changes which are in the company's and the employee's best interests
- Providing a source of support, training, information, and appropriate referrals to assist employees in Managing their stress more adaptively
- Reducing unnecessary utilization of health benefits, thereby reducing overall health care costs for the employer and employee
What Services Are Covered Under the Deer Oaks EAP?
Deer Oaks offers an extensive range of behavioral health services as part of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). These services may include:
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessments
- Telephone Triage
- Individual, Marital, Family, and Group Psychotherapies
- Clinical Coordination and Consultation Services
- Crisis Intervention Services
- Supervisor/Manager Training
- Psycho-Educational In-Services
- Appropriate Referrals for Financial, Legal, or Health Plan Needs
Deer Oaks EAP Services also provides Supervisory Training, Management Advisory Assistance, Employee Workshops, and Utilization reports based on plan specifications. See your Office of Human Resources for more information about these programs.
About Deer Oaks EAP Services
Founded in 1992, Deer Oaks EAP Services is a premier provider of Employee Assistance, Work/Life, and Health & Wellness Programs serving over 1 million employees and dependents throughout North America. Deer Oaks offers public and private employer groups short-term counseling and work/life services that positively impact employee morale, medical claims, turnover, and supervisor effectiveness. With a nationwide network of mental health providers, Deer Oaks supports national employer groups, delivering proactive programs and unparalleled customer service. Call 1-866-EAP-2400 for more information about Deer Oaks and its programs.