Marker [111]
1924 Masonic Temple
(201 E. Lamar St., Sherman)


Travis Lodge No. 117, A.F. & A.M., was chartered in 1852. This site was acquired in 1910,although this classical revival temple was not built until 1924. Designed by local architects John Tulloch and the firm of Clyce & Rolfe, the building features giant order columns and portico, fifteen over fifteen windows, and a segmental arch entry pediment. It remained the headquarters for the Masonic lodge until 1985. (RTHL - 1988)