Kidd-Key College And Conservatory
(Elm and Mulberry Streets, Sherman)
|Established in 1875 as North Texas Female College, a finishing school for young ladies and operated by North
Texas Annual Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. Re-chartered 1919 as a Junior College and
Music Conservatory: renamed in memory of the famed educator, Mrs. Lucy Ann Kidd-Key, school president,
1888 to 1916.|
Educational program emphasized music, literature and fine arts. Through its many students and excellent faculty, Kidd-Key exerted strong cultural influence on the Sherman area as well as much of the Nation.