Marker [075]
The Cold Springs Log Cabin School
(Frontier Village, Loy Lake Park)


Pioneers, who were camped near a spring on property of William S. Reeves (1794-1879) while waiting for their land grants, built this one-room schoolhouse about 1855. The leader of the group was William L. Holder (1820-1876), who migrated to Grayson County from Missouri. His son Clinton L. (1845-1897) later used the cabin as a residence. In 1974 the structure was moved to the Old Settlers Village and restored. The cabin was recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark in1976.