St. Luke's Episcopal Church Of Denison
(427 W. Woodard, Denison)
|St. Luke's Church, Denison's oldest house of worship and oldest Episcopal sanctuary in Grayson County.|
Site given by Denison Town Company and visitation by the Rt. Rev. Alexander Gregg, first bishop of Texas in May, 1873.
Cornerstone was laid in 1875 by the Rt. Rev. A. C. Garrett, bishop of missionary district of Northern Texas. Church was consecrated by him in 1876.
The original building forms nave of the present church.