Marker [058]
St. Patrick's Catholic Church
(314 N. Rusk, Denison)


St. Patrick's parish was founded in 1872 by the Roman Catholic bishop of Galveston, Claude Dubuis. The first church building at this site, designed by noted architect Nicholas J. Clayton, was completed in 1898. Destroyed by fire in 1911, the structure was rebuilt, incorporating much of Clayton's original design into the new facade. Completed in 1914, the Gothic revival building features fine patterned brickwork and lancet arches. (RTHL - 1983)