Site Of Early Grayson County Settlement Whitemound
(Highway 902, Whitemound)
|Named for two large white mounds of rock nearby. Settled 1849 by Henry Lackey and his nine children, from
Missouri. Town grew around A. S. Lackey grist mill. It had a post office, churches, business, several doctors, and
Most residents moved away after Cotton Belt Railroad bypassed this site in 1888.