Marker [110]
Odd Fellow Hall
(100 Block, North Walnut St., Sherman)


Erected in 1875. Third meeting place for Sherman Lodge No.45 since organization Sept. 27,1854. Center of community activity, opened a school (74 students) 11 years before first city public school. At June 21, 1862 meeting all members except one elderly brother left for Confederate service. This meeting was not officially closed until war's end. Three grand masters of Texas and one Sovereign Grand Master of the World came from membership.