(1401 W. Walker, Denison)
|The J. K. Miller House is the pioneer home of John Kinsey Miller and wife Orrena (Tabor), who came to Texas
from North Carolina in 1852, settling in 1860 in the area known later as Denison.|
About 1866 Miller and his sons built a two-room dogtrot house of oak logs over stone cellar with gun ports for defense in Indian attacks.
Later additions were made to the house to make it more livable. In a family of 14 children, a Miller daughter was born in this house and she was the first known native of Denison.
Preserved by Mr. and Mrs. Warren R. Blood.