Marker [017]
First United Methodist Church Of Tom Bean
(Highway 11, Tom Bean)

BACK


This congregation was organized in the mid-1880's, growing out of Brush Arbor meeting at the Cedar Campgrounds near Whitemound. The original church building at Whitemound was moved, in 1906, to Tom Bean, where it burned in 1924.

Methodists worshipped in the Presbyterian Church until it was destroyed by a tornado a short time later. A new edifice was built, serving both denominations until 1972. In 1974, the sanctuary was moved here, and the heritage of the old Perrin Air Force Base Chapel was preserved when it was added to the facility.